Bike Helmet Ear Warmers

>> Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Well, they don't look like much but I think these are a really good idea. They're ear warmers to wear under your bike helmet. The idea is that you might still like to ride your bike when it gets pretty cold, but a hat can be too bulky under the helmet. In case you're wondering how you wear them, there's a picture of someone wearing them on the pattern page. I found the pattern after going to knitty and reading the story "Knit like a man". After that I went to the author's blog and found a link there to MenKnit magazine. The pattern is by Amy O'Neill Houck who has a blog called The Hook and I.

I had been wanting to make these since my friend Adam showed me fleece ones he got at MEC, which they don't seem to have anymore. They knit up really fast, if you're a pretty experienced knitter you can do it in an evening, and when they're done I recommend you block them so that they don't curl. I did it by handwashing them then placing them on a towel and pinning them directly onto my couch. They're small so they don't take up too much room while they're drying.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 03, 2006  

I tried them out with a weekend ride around downtown. The cold finds its way in, but the wind is thwarted thworoughly.

Winter riding is suddenly much more comfortable. Plus no wind whistling while I'm listening to music.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP