Illustration Friday - topic: spotted

>> Thursday, April 20, 2006

*click on the pictures to see them larger*

This is my last minute picture for Illustration Friday, the topic was "spotted". I decided to do a sample that could be for a children's magazine such as Chirp. The idea is to "spot the dots".

In other illustration news, I'm now on a new website dedicated to a small group of children's illustrators, called illustrationforkids.com. The site was whipped up in no time by the talented Holli, I was so impressed!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, I had a lovely time working on my "spotted" sketch. And here's a picture of the children's stamps that came all the way from Britain. Please note that the very hungry caterpillar has managed to eat some of his own stamp. Seeing Paddington made me nostalgic, Beatrix Potter is my hero, and of course who doesn't love the fabulous Quentin Blake?

13 comments:

valerie walsh April 21, 2006  

your illustration is so clever especially that it can double as a working illustration too! Smart and talented. Not your first day...I love it!!!

Ruth Singer April 21, 2006  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JAN April 21, 2006  

wonderful and delightful illustration :)

Ruth Singer April 21, 2006  

I grew up with the very hungry caterpillar and loved it too! I wonder if that is where I have got my fixation with making things with holes?

gkgirl April 21, 2006  

i love the illustration...
i have always been kind of dotty
for dots.
:)

and the new site looks fantastic

Heather April 21, 2006  

Paddington Bear!!! Oh wow! I am truly jealous. When I was 10 a relative in England sent me a stationary kit with Paddington as the theme. I still have the ruler! Chirp would definitely be a perfect place for your illustration...just lovely.

Anonymous,  April 21, 2006  

Fun illustration.
Our 3 year old's favorite story (this week) is The Tale of Jeremy Fisher. He'd love those stamps. And he's been practicing counting with Eric Carle's holey Very Hungry Caterpiller book.

Susan Mitchell April 21, 2006  

This is really sweet and lovely and perfect for a kid's magazine:)

Anonymous,  April 22, 2006  

I love your 'spotted' illustration, Claire. Great portfolio piece!

And a belated happy birthday to you!

julie April 22, 2006  

Beautiful! Thank you for showing us the stamps.
And your illustration is lovely to.
I have also wanted to be a painter since the age of four when my painting of an apple tree went into an exhibition!!

Anonymous,  April 22, 2006  

Wonderful stamps, I can't decide which row I like best. They all bring back such memories. Always lovely ducking over to see your blog, gracia

Anette Heiberg April 22, 2006  

Your illustration looks really great!
www.wynlen.no

Anonymous,  April 23, 2006  

Happy late birthday from me too. Love your illo, so many dots! Wooii!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP