Peachy iPod cosy

>> Thursday, May 25, 2006

This was the iPod cosy I made for my girlfriend's birthday present. It's made from a blend of peachy watercolour mohair and pink merino wool in garter stitch. This cosy was lined with dark brown cordoruy with a matching strap. There is a felt flower and button decoration on the front.This is a picture of it from one end - as you can see it fits an ipod snugly, but it would also be good for a cell phone. The strap works well because it keeps the contents in place, but it's easy to get the phone or ipod out by just pushing it to one side - no fiddly snap or button closures. It was fun to make so I've made another one and put it in my etsy shop. The lining on this one is vintage floral fabric:If you'd rather make your own it's really just a knitted square folded in half and stitched together, with the fabric lining sewn in. So next time you give your iPod a knock it will be just fine!

5 comments:

Heather May 26, 2006  

So Nice!!! What a lovely gift for your friend!

Funky Finds May 26, 2006  

It's gorgeous...too bad I don't have an iPod to cozy!

laura capello May 26, 2006  

That is beautiful. If I had an ipod, I'd totally want one.

Now I'm drooling over an ipod and your cosy.

Claire Louise Milne May 26, 2006  

thanks for the comments!

I use regular scissors and cut the scallops myself.

Anonymous,  May 26, 2006  

It'd be worth getting an iPod just so that I could carry it around in a cozy as cute as that.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP