Back home

>> Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm back! I have so many pictures and so many things to talk about that I didn't know where to start. Plus for several days I was feeling really jet lagged and we were still busy sorting things out at home. Including fun things like using our wedding giftcards.

I've decided to just start at the beginning and show you a little bit at a time. First of all I was hinting about wedding crafts that I had to keep as a surprise. One of those was the beautiful knitty pattern for the best friend evening purse. I made it as a gift for my lovely bridesmaid Jaimie.

I started out with some pink merino yarn but it was too pink, I wanted a softer colour like the one in the original pattern. I found the perfect yarn at my favourite yarn store Knitomatic, Fable Pure Baby Alpaca. After knitting it up I had to find the purse frame for it which turned out to be quite difficult. I finally coaxed my friend staying in New York to buy it for me directly at mjtrim. It turned out this big craft supplies store is in a neighbourhood he described as the "ribbon district". I can't wait to visit myself!

Once I had the frame (and blocked the knitting) I just had to find clear beads to decorate the outside and line the inside. I added an extra little pocket inside and then it was finally finished. And of course I made two so I could keep one myself. I definitely recommend this pattern, it's one of those ones that turns out just the way you hope it will.

Which is how I would describe our wedding... I was nervous about all the little details but everything turned out perfectly. We even got the one sunny day in the middle of two chilly, rainy weeks. I'm still a little shy about posting pictures of myself, but I'll probably get around to it in my next post. In the meantime here are some more pictures of some little details like the table flowers (on top of polka dot paper mats) and cake. I made the bouquets using pink roses for Jaimie and white roses for myself. The beautiful cake was created by the brilliant Don from Dessert Trends. The inside was lemon strawberry - and like all their desserts absolutely delicious!

17 comments:

Anonymous,  October 13, 2006  

Congratulations...I've been eyeballing that best friends pattern since it came out--yours is the first I've seen done, and it's beautiful!

Janette October 13, 2006  

Congratulations - I've been following your blog for a while and looking forward to your return and photos of your beautiful wedding. The little purse is gorgeous.

Anonymous,  October 13, 2006  

Congratulations! The details were amazing! I can't wait to see the rest.

Belinda October 13, 2006  

The purse iss just divine and I'm the little details so far. I can't wait to see the rest. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day.

Anonymous,  October 13, 2006  

Congratulations Claire, and welcome back. The purse is beautiful.

Jannie aka Chickengirl October 13, 2006  

Welcome back-I cant wait to see all the pictures!

Anonymous,  October 13, 2006  

Oh wow! I think I have a new knitting project...

Heather October 14, 2006  

Welcome Back!!! Wonderful little details!! I am not surprised - you are so talented!!

Lorraine October 15, 2006  

Charming photos so far. Just loverly. Congratulations.

Susan Mitchell October 15, 2006  

So good to have you back - and these photographs are wonderful! Can't wait to see more :)

. October 15, 2006  

Welcome back! Beautiful purse, flowers and cake! I look forward to seeing more pics from your lovely day! :)

Alexis October 15, 2006  

It looks like it was a wonderful wedding -I look forward to more photos. Your projects always inspire me. Congratulations on your marriage!

Anonymous,  October 16, 2006  

I was wondering when you would post the purse and the decorations! To everyone that is admiring the purse: I can report that it is wonderfully soft and beautifully made down to the tiniest details!

AmberCake October 16, 2006  

Oh boy! You're back! Glad to "see you" again, looking forward to the slow reveal of wedding details.

Anonymous,  October 16, 2006  

Congratulations, and welcome back. :)

Anonymous,  October 16, 2006  

How sweet! I love all the pinks. Wish I was there!

Melissa A October 16, 2006  

Your cake is just beautiful! And I love the knitted purse too. I'm glad your wedding went well!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP