Spring kitchen

>> Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I was informed by my brother yesterday that he is tired of the bedspread and he would like another post. I'm not sure why he's even interested in my blog given that it's pretty girly! But lots of my friends seem to keep in touch with me through my blog so if I stop posting for awhile I get more phone calls. It's a bit weird if you think about it. Another thing is that I find myself not telling friends about some things for fear of repeating myself. Sometimes I mention things and they say "I know. I read it on your blog".

The main reason for the lack of posts is that I've been babying myself due to a cough/cold recently that kept threatening to get worse (but never really did) and now seems to be wrapping up. Right now I just have those throat clearings that sound like I'm about to make an announcement and would like people's attention. Thank goodness I can get back to blogging about our kitchen.

The big news is that we finally have a sink in our kitchen! So luxurious! I have to stop myself from going in to the bathroom to fill up the kettle because after 3 months it's just habit. I love our new sink, it's white ceramic from IKEA (so you know it was very affordable). It's a good size - we can even soak our cookie trays - which admittedly are small because our stove is tiny. We bought the new faucet just before the renovation, so we're enjoying having it again. The gooseneck style is great because we can still fill the kettle with a sink full of dishes.
Not that we'll have any more sinks full of dishes because we have a dishwasher now! The plumber hooked up the water and Bradley did the electrical connection. He just looked online and in some books and figured out how to do it. So clever. I'm so glad he does that stuff because it's beyond me. This picture shows our new baseboards too, we've only done them behind the cabinets but will be adding them everywhere in the house. They had to rip the old ones out when they did our floors.

And lastly I filled the remaining bare wall with two small decorative (and somewhat functional) shelves. We didn't want upper cabinets on every wall so the kitchen would feel airy and spacious but that wall was looking too bare. This is in keeping with my tendency to do finishing touches before the work is actually finished but oh well it makes me happy. Next we have to do the backsplash and attach the fan over the stove and add finishing panels over the gaps at each end of the cabinets... but for now we're enjoying it as is.

14 comments:

Johanna Masko March 19, 2008  

Your kitchen looks lovely, and Yay! A fresh post!! :-)

Jannie aka Chickengirl March 19, 2008  

haha yes. I do realize that a few of my friends read my blog and they don't seem to tell me. And then when I actually see them they know all about what I am up to already! Its kind freaky!

Oh a fresh kitchen indeed! And hope you feel better soon.

Kerry March 19, 2008  

It looks just lovely - and how nice to have a handy hubby!

Lara March 19, 2008  

I can't talk to anyone anymore. They've heard it all.

Your new sink and kitchen look lovely. I just finished organizing our new Ikea pantry last week and posted photos. Now on to the next project. Will it ever end?

Ale March 20, 2008  

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Sharon March 20, 2008  

Your kitchen is lovely! I really like the shelves.

Anonymous,  March 21, 2008  

i love grey & thus i love your kitchen. i especially love the colourful accessories on the shelves. gorgeous, just like everything else you do.

Anonymous,  March 24, 2008  

Your kitchen is crisp & clean. Very nice. Hope you feel better!

Anonymous,  March 31, 2008  

love the shelves!

Cathy T

Anonymous,  April 02, 2008  

Your kitchen is beautiful! What color is your Corian? And after having lived with it for a couple of weeks, are you happy with it? We like the Earth color and white cabinets, but I've read so much about how easily Corian scratches and how visible scratches are on dark surfaces, that I've been afraid to spend the money. Do you still love it?

Claire Louise Milne April 02, 2008  

The colour is called "slate", grey with little spots of lighter colours and some darker grey streaks. We love it and are very happy with the choice. I haven't seen any scratches. The surface is smooth but not glossy so maybe that helps.

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008  

I love your grey walls! What color paint did you use?

Claire Louise Milne September 22, 2008  

The colour is Benjamin Moore "Titanium". It's a very pale grey that doesn't look bluey or yellowy or pinky. Thank you!

Kitchen Renovations Toronto January 05, 2010  

You truly did an amazing job with your kitchen renovation! This looks like it came right out of a magazine. Anyone that has the desire to start on their own kitchen renovation really needs to come through and see this post. I love it!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP