Yellow-breasted chat

>> Tuesday, May 27, 2008

After all this time I've decided it's finally time for a new header. Here's a detail of the pen & ink and watercolour illustration I made, which was inspired by my post on our illustration blog for the topic "yellow". Our talented Anette has been suggesting topics each week for our little group to post about to help us keep up with the blog.

Earlier this spring I saw a shrub with black berries on it which was very picturesque and have been meaning to add it into one of my illustrations sooner or later. Berry branches are always good backgrounds for bird illustrations since they like to eat them! I would have taken a picture of the shrub but I generally don't carry my camera around.

This bird is the yellow-breasted chat, I chose it because I liked the charming name and its bright yellow breast with light grey/brown feathers on the back.

9 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales May 27, 2008  

The illustration is gorgeous! But your header isn't showing up right now. :-( (I use firefox on a PC for browsing.)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales May 27, 2008  

Oh it worked that time. You were right, I just had to hit refresh. :-)

Anonymous,  May 27, 2008  

It looks lovely, Claire! A beautiful illustration (and a very pretty font)! Thanks for showing the close-up. It's always nice to see the fine details of the piece.

Jayne May 28, 2008  

I love the new header. Such a gorgeous little bird. You're so talented!

Hurrayic May 28, 2008  

What a stunning illustration. And the name is so sweet.

Rachael Hutchings May 28, 2008  

Love the new header, it's beautiful!

elisabetha May 29, 2008  

Lovely colours! Your drawings are always so exquisite.

meme June 01, 2008  

What a sweet illustration!! Chats are great birds! your work is beautiful!! :-)
oxox meme

Anonymous,  June 03, 2008  

Another beautiful painting! I love the gradation.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP