Keep up the doodling

>> Tuesday, July 08, 2008

This is just a glimpse of some of the work I did recently for a series of whimsical educational picture books... which I can't really show yet because I haven't got the published books yet...

A friend living in Greece emailed me a link to this artist in Buenos Aires, ah the wonder of the internet. And I just thought it was so brilliant I had to mention it. It's fascinating, "an ambigous animation painted on public walls" by an artist named Blu.

It kind of reminded me of some of the sketches I used to do in high school except infinitely more talented and evolved. Luckily I don't have to compete with this kind of artistry because as you know I now spend my days drawing things like the one at the top of this post. And this.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  July 08, 2008  

Thanks for the little inspiration on doodling. I think drawing cute and silly little illustrations are is my favorite craft. I can sit for hours on my back porch with my sketch pad in hand.

Anonymous,  July 10, 2008  

Am I correct in thinking that the title for this post comes from The Office?

Lisa M Griffin July 16, 2008  

Adorable... I just love these cute little lady bugs. Can't wait to see the finish. Thanks for sharing.

KHIMAIR July 17, 2008  

nice ,
time to time i visit you. i have you in my link list.
sorry for my english
have a nice day !

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008  

I love the animated graffiti! It's made it's way around here now.

I really like your ladybugs. My daughter, who's two kept pointing at them earlier today. :)

ZEPETIT July 19, 2008  

Amazing!

Zepequeña.

Hurrayic July 21, 2008  

Very cute. So doodling is something I guess I should encourage in our house!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP