The Long Lost Shop

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Love & Rummage sale was so great! We had crowds of people walking through all day and it was really busy. The rummage was very popular, and I sold lots of fabric grab bags and lots of buttons carefully selected from my stash. I spent hours the day before the sale sorting my buttons by colour and putting aside a few I couldn't bear to part with! It was a very relaxing way to spend the afternoon at Starbucks.
This was my table. I sold lots of odds and ends (such as the two vintage sewing baskets at the back left) which I really wanted to do as we'll be moving someday soon (not sure when... depends when we sell the house). So lately it's all about clearing things ruthlessly out. Yesterday I made two trips up to our local clothing donation box laden with bags of clothes.

The hard part was not buying a whole bunch of new things at the Love & Rummage sale - there were so many wonderful things there. I did buy two pieces of fabric from Karyn and did a couple of swaps. I love the beautiful hankie cosy (above) I swapped for from Jen of Toronto Craft Alert fame. She even gave me an adorable matching hankie to go inside.

Thanks to everyone who came by and it's always nice to hear that you read my blog. But just in case you aren't nearby or always seem to be busy when these sales are on (and maybe you're feeling like you're missing out) I've decided to stock my etsy shop again.
This is the first item, my bird art postcard set, but there will be more items coming up soon.

5 comments:

Jess February 10, 2009  

I love that bird!
A nice hint of spring for all of us in the wintery north.

Gailavon February 10, 2009  

I think the bird is the cutest. Glad everything went well at the love and rummage sale.

MandMStudio February 18, 2009  

The bird card it so cute:)

Lucie February 18, 2009  

Hello Clair,
I have nominated you for the Kreative Blogger award, for you fabulous work. Details on my blog.

Sarah J. March 06, 2009  

Yay for reopening your etsy shop!
*off to give it a heart*

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP