City of Craft - sneak preview

>> Monday, December 07, 2009

This week is all about preparing for City of Craft. The dining table is now covered with new creations! These are my favourite new items, embellished wristlets with a snap closure (covered by a button) and a wrist strap with extra little fabric detail.
Everything I make is mostly created from rescued craft supplies: fabric from thrift stores, yard sales, fabric shop remnants and discontinued fabric swatch booklets combined with lace, ribbon, buttons and trim from flea markets, second hand sales and swaps. These rescued materials are combined with special bits of fabric from lovely shops on etsy and from local craft havens such as the workroom.
Having so many odds and ends of fabric in my stash is so handy when I'm creating new items like this. I can mix and match prints and solids then find the perfect bit of trim to add the finishing touch.
I like using upholstery weight fabric for my bags so that they have a nice structure to them without having to use interfacing.
I hope to see you at the show!

2 comments:

Sam December 07, 2009  

I have a handbag 'thing' if you were to ask anyone who knows me they would say...Sam loves cats and bags...

that is such a cute bag !!

love it!

Sam xx

Jaimie,  December 09, 2009  

I think I can guess where you got your wristlet inspiration! They look cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP