More needle books

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010

Here's a peek at one of Bradley's birthday presents from October.
His very own custom robot needle book, with his name embroidered on the front and a robot print inside.
mustard linen woodland embroidered needle book
Yesterday I finally finished my last in a batch of new needle books, some in mustard with flowered branches..

and some in pink with red and pink flowers..
pink embroidered needle book

So these new ones are shaped like an acorn.
acorn needle book

The front and back covers have the cap pieced together with the nut part, then lined. The tricky part was the little stem but that really did seem necessary. Even the pages inside are shaped like acorns! Sewing together all the layers at the end can be tricky, the wool tends to shift and it all ends up a bit wonky. So I just did it by hand while a big clip held it all together. All these new needle books are in my etsy shop and will be coming with me to Crafternoon Tea.

ALSO, I just found out there's a spot for me at City of Craft! Hurray! More about that later..

2 comments:

Rosa Rood November 18, 2010  

Love it!
The acorn needle book is ...great!

Greetings from Amsterdam,
Maren

NessaKnits November 18, 2010  

Everybody in the world needs a needlebook to love. I love mine!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP